In the Competitive Team, jumpers further their skills by practicing three times a week. Competitive jumpers spend their time in speed and power (double unders) drills and building individual and group routines. All competitive members take part in the Fraser Valley Speed Competition, Records Day and Provincials.
In the Recreational Team, your child will not only experience the fun of learning skipping 'tricks', but will build confidence, strength, stamina and agility. We spend our time on Monday nights practising our speed, long rope, and trick skills. Skippers get to experience the levelled jump rope program called “Can Skip” through which they learn different tricks for mastery.
Awards and Achievements
We are incredibly proud of our jumpers who every year bring home many awards from various competitions.
- How I Feel (2016) 1st place Large Group Routine at Provincials, 2nd place at Nationals in Olds, Alberta
- Broken Arrows (2016) 3rd place Large Group Routine at Provincials
- I’m Alive (2015) 1st place Large Group Routine at Provincials
- 4th Place at Nationals (2014) for 4 man routine.
- Let’s Get Loud (2014) 3rd place Large Group Routine at Provincials
- Pack-Up (2013) 1st place Large Group Routine at Provincials
- Gold Medal for 2 by 60 in 2010 World’s in Loughborough, England
The Island Hoppers is not only a team but a place where youth make new friends. We include team building events throughout the year, such as our trip to Butchart Gardens at Christmas Time, our camping trip at Lake Cowichan, tubing at Mount Washington, movie afternoons and local hikes.